Have you ever sat in an old car and the A/C system just does not seem to blow enough air? That is because over time, without an air filter element, dust, dirt, and other contaminants gets sucked up into the blower box and get trapped in the evaporator core clogging the passages and restricting air flow. This kit allows you to filter unwanted contaminants in your A/C system and as a result improves air quality, maintains system performance and increases evaporator core life.
The Pony R Parts 1998-2002 Crown Victoria Exterior Air Cabin Air Filter kit has these great unmatched features:
- - Billet Aluminum base construction
- - Limited Lifetime warranty on non-filter parts
- - Protects HVAC system from contaminant build up
- - Improves air quality
- - Increases longevity of HVAC parts
- - Black Anodized coating for corrosion resistance
- - Stainless Steel hardware
- - Includes two stage filter with carbon layer
This kit filters cabin air when the A/C setting is on “NORMAL” (outside air). For filtered air with the “MAX A/C” setting, we offer another kit for that.
Also included is a plate that partially shrouds the filter to minimize the amount of moisture that falls directly onto the filter.
Here is an installation video.